A E Yates are involved with creating a new sustainable community called Thoresby Vale: a new 350-acre country park comprising 800 new homes, a primary school, a local centre and up to 250,000 sq. ft of commercial space which is expected to create around 1,000 jobs. This project is in partnership with Harworth Group plc, one of the leading land and property regeneration companies in the UK.
Thoresby Colliery 2015
Thoresby Colliery in Nottinghamshire was opened in 1925 and closed in 2015 and Its closure ended a 750-year history of mining in Nottinghamshire. Following the closure of Thoresby Colliery in July 2015, the site was purchased by Harworth Group for restoration and development. The site was named Thoresby Vale, Edwinstowe, to maintain the link with its heritage.
A E Yates’ involvement includes demolition, reclamation, remediation, earthworks, and infrastructure works. The works comprise of demolition of the existing vehicular bridges, footbridges, and abutments; site clearance, reclamation, and remediation; earthworks; drainage (including forming new attenuation ponds and a cat moat); highways – Construction of the Section 38 spine road and footpaths; Installation of new utilities mains to serve the development; and both hard and soft landscaping works.
- Planting new trees to extend the woodland.
- The development will enhance biodiversity.
- Restoration/recycling of a large building that will be a space for the community.
- Cycle trails and walking routes for residents and visitors.
- Recently, 14 rare birds including protected species not previously recorded are now found onsite.