A E Yates Charitable Trust, sponsored Dance Envy’s Junior Formation Teams last year.
We are delighted to tell you that we will be sponsoring this team again this year.
Their Formation teams are made up with girls and boys aged between 12 to 16, all compete in the
Junior category for Latin and Ballroom dancing.
All the children are from differing backgrounds, and they pride themselves, on being as inclusive as they can, in what can be considered an extremely elitist sport.
This is made possible by a team of hardworking parents who spend the year, running fundraisers, such as sponsored walks, this year they are aiming as a school to walk the Land’s End to John O’Groats distance, approximately 604 miles as the crow flies, the walk will take place on a local basis with each family pledging a number of miles they will walk to help us complete the journey. In addition, they run quiz nights, raffles, and plenty more. And by no means least, they have a group of supporters similar to A E Yates Charitable Trust, that help these teams along the way.
Last year they managed to raise just over £19000, in order to kit out all of their junior teams, they looked fabulous, and did themselves, their parent and us as a charitable trust, pride in their fabulous results:
- U16 Junior 4 Couple ‘Diva’ – Grand Finalists Formation World Cup 5th Place in Stoke-On-Trent.
- Grand Finalists British Championships Blackpool Junior Dance Festival 5th Place, highest ranked English team.
- U16 Junior 4 Couple ‘MJ’ aged just 14 years, Grand Finalists Formation World Cup 6th Place in Stoke-On-Trent.
- Semi Finalists British Championships Blackpool Junior Dance Festival.
- Grand Finalists United Kingdom Formation Cup placing 5th, again highest ranked English team.
- U14 Junior 4 Couple ‘Tribal’ Rising Star Finalists at the World Cup placing 7th
- U16 Junior 8 Couple Rising Star Finalists Formation World Cup 2nd Place in Stoke-On-Trent,
- Semi Finalists British Championships Blackpool Junior Dance Festival, Grand Finalists United Kingdom Formation Cup placing 4th, again highest ranked English team.
All Dance Envy teams train all year round in preparation for competitions which take place mainly in the spring, starting in March and then ending in May. The children are extremely committed and work in teams of either 8 or 12 to 16 dancers, it takes a whole year to actually get them ready to complete at the highest level. The main competition of the year being held in April in Blackpool itself, at the Winter Gardens, home to Latin and Ballroom Dancing, in the impressive Empress Ballroom, this is an international competition with teams coming from as far as China.
SPI Piling Ltd, on behalf of A E Yates Charitable Trust, are sponsoring Dance Envy again this year this helps them, with their beautiful dance attire, they do reuse previous years costumes but still costs for alterations etc, the sponsorship also assists in shoes, makeup, and hair costs. So everything that all sponsors do helps this team of young children, follow there dreams and look fabulous whilst doing it.
Dance Envy are truly grateful for everyone’s help and support.