A E Yates’ A595 Moresby Hall scheme is complete! This project took just over a year to complete in partnership with National Highways as part of the government’s £21 million funding! A E Yates were contracted to complete works due to insufficient drainage that left the junction and the surrounding environment unsupported.
In total, we had 175 staff working over each of the ten weekends and with their hard work we completed the following:
- Finalising work on two new drainage tunnels under the A595.
- Constructing two large ponds to catch drained water and increase biodiversity.
- Increasing the length of the merge lane off Howgate roundabout.
- Installing 3.9km of new kerbs and kerb drainage along the A595.
- Installing 500 metres of new gas pipelines and BT fibre-optic cabling.
- Resurfacing over a mile of carriageway.
The Roads Minister Guy Opperman visited our Moresby Hall Scheme!
On Friday 1 December A E Yates and National Highways welcomed Roads Minister Guy Opperman to our Moresby Hall Scheme for a guided tour to show how the project will improve the community and the environment.